The residents of Evangeline Oaks Guest House & Rehabilitation Nursing Home Services (EOGH & Rehab) have many entertaining social opportunities and daily activities.
We welcome and encourage frequent family visits for meals as well as family participation in all activities. Families make great volunteers! You may have the opportunity to enjoy social activities with your family and meet new friends within their new community.
Family involvement is very important to meet each resident’s need for socialization, happiness, and enjoyment of their new home. We promote interactions and activities to create a community feel and encourage socialization.
Please call the Activity Director to offer your help with any of these events
- Daily Rosary, Mass, and communion services.
- Bingo/Pokeno, board games, and card games.
- Room visits or quietly offering your presence.
- Reading mail.
- One-on-one activities or visits for those bed bound.
- Snacks for residents, (placed in closed containers and individually wrapped).
- Scheduled on-site as well as offsite for cultural events.
- Seasonal parties.
- Seasonal crafts.
- Live entertainment.
- Movies and popcorn.
- Exercise activities or hall walking.
- Trips such as Wal-Mart or shopping.
- Scheduled and unscheduled activities.
- Resident birthday party of the month. You are welcome to provide a cake to share with everyone for this occasion.
At Evangeline Oaks Guest House nursing home & Rehab friends and family volunteers are always welcome. We encourage families to participate in all aspects of our residents’ care. We appreciate all of the wonderful Volunteers who do so much to make a difference in the lives of our residents, their families, and our staff. We invite you to become an EOGH & Rehab volunteer. Thank you for all that you do!